Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crashing issues using DAC-3 with OS X

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I've been looking into options to replace my current setup. I have a DAC-3 controller that I've been using with the PCDJ software and I'm playing around with Virtual DJ. So far I really like the software but I'm having stability issues using the controller. On certain songs (so far it seems random) when I try to load them with the controller activated, the software crashes and I get the "Unexpectedly quit" error. When the controller is deactivated the software works flawlessly. I'd really like to get this working, thank you in advance for any help.

geposted Thu 17 Jul 08 @ 3:35 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
bob15489 wrote :
I've been looking into options to replace my current setup. I have a DAC-3 controller that I've been using with the PCDJ software and I'm playing around with Virtual DJ. So far I really like the software but I'm having stability issues using the controller. On certain songs (so far it seems random) when I try to load them with the controller activated, the software crashes and I get the "Unexpectedly quit" error. When the controller is deactivated the software works flawlessly. I'd really like to get this working, thank you in advance for any help.

Please note there is not a demo of the software available , it sounds like you may be using a beta version please register your purchase to get a stable version of the product.

geposted Thu 17 Jul 08 @ 2:57 pm
I've been using it on a friend's computer that has the full registered version. I wanted to try it out to make sure it works before spending the money. Looks like I got my answer then unfortunately

geposted Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 1:08 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
bob15489 wrote :
I've been using it on a friend's computer that has the full registered version. I wanted to try it out to make sure it works before spending the money. Looks like I got my answer then unfortunately

I can assure you it works well on a legal version of the software.

geposted Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 2:19 pm
As far as I know it's a registered, legal copy that he has. I'm just migrating from a Windows platform to a Mac platform due to the stability issues so I didn't want to jump right back into the same problem. I'm just a little hesitant to put down $300 if I'm not sure it will work the way I'm expecting. I have several friends that use Virtual DJ that highly recommend it. I'll see if I can try the controller on a different computer and see if I continue to have problems. Thanks again for the info.

geposted Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 8:17 pm
i'm using a mac book with 2 gigs of ram,hercules rmx & virtual dj pro.sometimes my vdj crashes or freezes up when i try to do simple tasks.like when a deck in in use and i try to load a tune in the same deck while it is playing,it ask me if i'm sure i want to load a next track,i click yes and then vdj crashes or quits.can anyone please help me.thanx

geposted Fri 10 Oct 08 @ 5:23 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@sholintemple,

Have u downloaded and use the recent v5.2.1 mac?

geposted Sat 11 Oct 08 @ 3:07 pm
sholintemple wrote :
i'm using a mac book with 2 gigs of ram,hercules rmx & virtual dj pro.sometimes my vdj crashes or freezes up when i try to do simple tasks.like when a deck in in use and i try to load a tune in the same deck while it is playing,it ask me if i'm sure i want to load a next track,i click yes and then vdj crashes or quits.can anyone please help me.thanx

I Have exact the same problem. When I try to load a tune in the same deck while it is playing, it ask's me if i'm sure, because there is already a song playing. Then when I click Yes or No, VDJ crashes. It's so frustrating. Doen anyone know how to fix this problem. I really need to know because I have a session next wheek.

I use version 5.2.1 for Mac with DJ Console Rmx.

geposted Wed 15 Oct 08 @ 2:09 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi jmreijnders, can u reset to factory setting in the info tab of the vdj config. And wat type of tracks/files are u trying to play when i started?

geposted Wed 15 Oct 08 @ 2:28 pm
jmreljnders,

you can disable that prompt altogether by changes the "security" option to "always"

with this setting, you can only load a song onto the deck if it's stopped/paused

if you try to load it while it's playing, it should simply do nothing

of course, this doesn't solve the actual problem...just avoids it.

geposted Wed 15 Oct 08 @ 6:23 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)