Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: External USB Sound for Laptop

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Has anyone used a USB external sound card as a second card for a laptop? If so, any reccommends for which brand?

--------------------------

In the meantime, I will go with a single card and split L/R. Do you just use Y adapters to split or is there something better?

I know I need to purchase to get a separate monitor to work. At the moment I am doing a little more testing and will probably purchase in the next few days. Right now this is all for home use, I have not DJ'd for over 15 years...

Thanks

geposted Mon 10 Jan 05 @ 10:23 pm
I think everyone in here uses an external sound card. My first choice is the MAYA 44. Second choice is the CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER. They both use RCA jacks.

geposted Tue 11 Jan 05 @ 3:52 am
I use creative extigy with 4 speakears mode and an external mixer and I send each deck to a single channel in the mixer, so u can have prelistening as a using turntables o cd players.

It's the better way using an external usb card. u'll need minijack to RCA cables.

geposted Tue 11 Jan 05 @ 1:32 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
In the past I have used a USB sound device (made by telex) for a 2nd stereo output. It worked well. I have also used the xp-10 as my 2nd sound device in the past.
However, I have gone back to using a stereo splitter from the headphone jack of my laptop and find this to be my personal favorite way to go.
I still use the xp-10 as a controller, but I no longer use the sound output from it.
I use this 3-5 times every week. It sounds great!

geposted Tue 11 Jan 05 @ 5:39 pm
you could also get the Hercules console...

both a good dual soundcard (one stereo out for each deck) - AND a controller for the software

geposted Wed 12 Jan 05 @ 6:19 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)