Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Headphone problems

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

dalimitHome userMember since 2004
hi there,

I have a problem, I work in a dutch club and we use virtualdj 2 with a console. it aint a problem to use my headphone's because I work on 2 channels, so I can easily plug my headphones on my mixingpanel. but when I take the console home with me for practising (it sure is different than the cdj1000mkII we also have :>) i can't use my headphones. There are two buttons on the console witch should switch from the left channel to the right channel. but I still hear the mastersound in my headphones. i don't use a mixingpanel at home. is there someting wrong with my console options? something with that asio thing i just don't understand? would be really cool if i could practise at home. because i definately think that virtualdj with it's console kicks ass!!!

regards,

Paul Schrauwers
Dj Da Limit
Netherlands

geposted Tue 11 Jan 05 @ 11:13 am
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
is your hercules console control pannel set to 'DJ' mode

geposted Tue 11 Jan 05 @ 5:58 pm

I bought the dj console 2 months ago and after some searching everything worked as I expected... and I'm very satisfied with the quality of the product. I plugged my headphones in front of the console so I could adjust the volume. All that worked perfect.

Yesterday I unplugged my dj console (and replugged it of course) but now I only get the master out of the headphones ?! Even if the green led on the console is lighting on deck 2, I still hear deck 1 in my headphones...
I can plug in the headphones at the back of the console (analog exit 3 or 4) but then I can't adjust the volume...

I'm convinced the settings of the control pannel are correct, I choose the DJ setting.
1-2 = master
3-4 = headphones
5-6 = aux

I don't use any other mixing devices or turntables, just the console and 1 pc soundcard. I use analog exit 1-2 to the aux of a stereo-system to hear the master.

I can't find an option in the virtual dj settings.

I think it's curious because it everything has worked fine until I unplugged the console.

Can anybody help me with this problem ?

Greetz
Ruathar

PS I "only" got the 1.08 version that came with the console, but I don't think that can be the problem...

geposted Sat 12 Feb 05 @ 7:25 pm
RuatharHome userMember since 2004
I'm sorry for not logging in, that last message was mine :-)

geposted Sat 12 Feb 05 @ 7:26 pm
Hello!

First the answer to dalimit.
You have to change the skin of your VDJ that has a headphone mix slider.If you will search some posts back you will find the answer withc skins have that function. The secon optio is that you download a plug-in from the download section it will do the same but you must have a VDJ 2.0 or other product to download the plug-in(I only have the 1.9 Version this doesent count).

Now to Ruathars answer .

If you have the latest driver, and you click on the alien head in the lower right corner, and put the console in DJ mode you should see 2 headphones under the sliders. If the headphone under the master slider is selected your headphones work like speakers, if you select the headphones under the monitor slider your headphones will work for monitorin function.

Sorry for my english, i m from the tiny country Slovenia, and my english isnt soo good.

Hope i v helped.

Denis

geposted Thu 17 Feb 05 @ 7:14 pm
RuatharHome userMember since 2004
Thx Denis

I installed the latest drivers and now everything works fine!
The setup of the alien-head window is a little different but it works now :-)

greetz
Ruathar

geposted Sat 19 Feb 05 @ 4:11 pm
hello i also have the same problem but only it can`t be fixed like how it is said here can someone help me ?
sorry for my english but i`m dutch...

greets gillian

please mail me
--@--.--

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry providah no email address is allowed from a demo user

geposted Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 3:11 am
I am having the same problems. I had been using the VDJ software that was bundled with my Herc. DJ controller for a year and then upgraded the trial version from the website to check it out before I bought VDJ2.06. The previous versions worked together flawlessy until I purchased VDJ2.06. This version is the best so far and I could not be more happy with the improvements you have made to this version, so precise and tight controlwise as well as sound! But since purchasing this new version no matter how I configure the settings I cannot monitor with the headphone jack. All I get through my headphones is what is comming out of the 1/2 main output or nothing at all. I have even tried to monitor from the 3/4 channel output and there is no sound. Even the vert. faders control the volume in the headphones. Also it does not matter which LED is lit for monitoring deck 1 or 2. I have tried different skins with more controls, changing the "monitor/headphone" channel on the HDJC control panel, sound card configurations on the VDJ2 control panel, DJ/ASIO mode, all four versions of the hercules drivers/firmware (from the orig. disk to the latest available from the Hercules site) and nothing works. Is there something I am overlooking? I have tried all the suggestions posted above by other people but still no luck.Anybody got any other suggestions?

AMD athlon 1900
WinXP home w/ SP2
512 RAM
40Gig HD
Geforce Ti4600 Grafix card
Hercules Muse XL 4.1 PCI (as primary sound card)
Hercules DJ Controller (as secondary sound card)
Virtual DJ Vers. 2.06

geposted Fri 11 Mar 05 @ 11:09 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
If you have Virtual DJ 2.xx, enter the serial into your profil

geposted Sat 12 Mar 05 @ 2:53 am
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I had a problem, except mine wasnt exactly the same. my console just stopped working completely! this was after disconnecting the console. i still dont know what happened, but i reinstalled the drivers (which i got from hercules' website) http://www.hercules.com/ I think i have an older driver than the current one, but it seems to be working fine now. I think the console just doesn't like being removed from the system. I thought it might be that i plugged it into a different USB port to the one it was originally connected to but i'm not sure, any one else help with this theory?
:o)

geposted Tue 05 Apr 05 @ 6:17 pm
robinskHome userMember since 2005
hELLO GUYS. I AGREE WITH RAYN MCDONALD OVER THERE BUT NOBODY GAVE HIM AN ANSWER SO I 'M WRITING THIS AGAIN. I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS. I BOUGHT THE HERCULES CONSOLE AND NOW I DOWNLOADED YOUR VERSION OF VDJ WICH I THINK ITS 2.06. ITS GREAT AND I WAS VERRY HAPPY WITH IT,I WAS THINKING OF PURCHASING IT UNTIL I REALISED THAT I CAN NOT HEAR MONITOR FROM MY HEADPHONES, WHICH OF COURSE IS A MAJOR PROBLEM BECAUSE THEN THE CONSOLE ITS USELESS IF I CAN NOT PREVIEW THE NEXT TRACK. WHAT IS THIS? IS IT BECAUSE OF THE TRIAL VERSION? I DONT THINK SO... ALSO SINCE I INSTALLED THE NEW VERSION, THE OLD VERSION (WICH CAME WITH MY CONSOLE), DOESNT SUPPORT MY hercules dj consonOLE SKIN!!! WHY IS THAT? I CANNOT HAVE THE TWO PROGRAMS INSTALLED AND WORK PROPERLY? AND ANOTHER QUESTION..WHERE IS THE DJ MODE IN THE CONTROL PANEL? I GUESS YOU MEAN 'ADVANCED MODE' IN THE HERCULES MIXER? ANYWAY I CANNOT PREVIEW FROM MY HEADPHONES WHATEVER SETTINGS I TRY IN VERSION 2... PLEASE ANSWER....

geposted Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 9:37 pm
The trial version doesn't support using the headphones although the full version does. The Hercules consol comes with 1.09 (or at least its the latest version) most of the skins on the download page are compatible with version 2 and up.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

geposted Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 9:40 pm
I hope someone can help me here! I am using Virtual DJ Pro V3.4 and i want to use the headphone feature and i have a Creative Sound Blaster Live! soundcard with 2 outputs but when ever i try it the headphone still comes out my sound speakers. I have used this feature with earler versions of Virtual DJ Pro and they have worked but now they dont? Anyone have any sugestions??

geposted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 3:39 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
@kinger09 ..Demo versions don't have the headphone feature you need the pro version for that, for all the hercules users this one doesnt apply to you guys, your version was made special for your dj console

geposted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 4:36 am
@Kinger09,
if you have the full version please modify your profile. Then everybody knows what version you have and you will get the support you need.
Ewout

geposted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 7:17 pm
I do have the full Pro Version. This is a screen of my soundcard options. I choose this but the headphone sound still comes our my main speakers...

geposted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 7:27 pm
Kinger09,
then first fill in your serial number in your profile, otherwise we cannot help you.
Ewout

geposted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 8:24 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003

geposted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 8:38 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)