Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: vdj for mac crashing constantly with tccd - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Hi,

I have read from other people that their vdj for mac crashes with time code cd, i am having the same issue, i have the latest vdj for mac. and for audio card i have the audio 8 dj. any idea on how to fix the crashing or do i have to wait for the next version for mac?

thank you,

Mindtwister3d

geposted Thu 24 Jul 08 @ 8:21 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi, hopefully the timescodes issue will be resolved on the next version.

Regards;)

geposted Thu 24 Jul 08 @ 10:36 am
so right now, now tccd will work?
what about the time code vinyls? i might buy those and ask a friend to let me borrow his ttables.

geposted Fri 25 Jul 08 @ 10:04 am
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Timecode doesn't work on VDJ for Mac unless you have the Virtual Vinyl interface, or the Hercules MK2. I have read recently that another user got it working with another sound card, but I can't remember which one. I think it was one of the M-Audio cards or controllers. Anyway, all of us that are patiently waiting for the next version which is supposed to have better timecode support. It doesn't matter if it's the tccd or tcv, it's unreliable or just doesn't work without those cards. If you have bootcamp and want try it on Windows, users have reported success with timecode on the Windows partition. It's something to get you by until the next version is released. Apparently, version 5.1 is currently in beta testing.

geposted Fri 25 Jul 08 @ 12:59 pm
Right now with v5.08 mac, using herc mk2 will also crash using timescodes.

Hopefully it be fixed on the next version;)

geposted Fri 25 Jul 08 @ 5:08 pm
spinnaJ wrote :
Right now with v5.08 mac, using herc mk2 will also crash using timescodes.

Hopefully it be fixed on the next version;)

spinna you are a mac beta tester you should know if it works or not, don't beat around the bush. the crashing with vdj is very annoying, i tried to use it again after 4 months of it setting on the shelf and the same out come. the mac version suck with timecode there is no way around it. you can try to convince me but it will not work, the proof is in the pudding. i have a macbook pro 2.4, 4gb ram and nothing but serato and vdj on it and it will not work. it crashed 12times in a row just trying to auto config my timcodes. i thought it was plug and play with the VV box but i guess not, i know serato works and works great on my mac but i want vdj to work thats why i bought it. if nothing changes in about a month and someone want to buy a VV bix i will sell you mine and give up on vdj and go with what works on mac. its great on pc but i don't gig with my pc. just venting here sorry if i rub some of you the wrong way but the software doesn't perform to standard like it should. i hope the beta guys can get it to work but i don't as of know for me.

geposted Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 3:02 am
djkboogie wrote :

spinna you are a mac beta tester you should know if it works or not, don't beat around the bush. the crashing with vdj is very annoying, i tried to use it again after 4 months of it setting on the shelf and the same out come. the mac version suck with timecode there is no way around it. you can try to convince me but it will not work, the proof is in the pudding. i have a macbook pro 2.4, 4gb ram and nothing but serato and vdj on it and it will not work. it crashed 12times in a row just trying to auto config my timcodes. i thought it was plug and play with the VV box but i guess not, i know serato works and works great on my mac but i want vdj to work thats why i bought it. if nothing changes in about a month and someone want to buy a VV bix i will sell you mine and give up on vdj and go with what works on mac. its great on pc but i don't gig with my pc. just venting here sorry if i rub some of you the wrong way but the software doesn't perform to standard like it should. i hope the beta guys can get it to work but i don't as of know for me.

This is understandable, you're not rubbing anyone the wrong way. I too get constant crashes on my Mac when trying to configure TCV. I'm waiting until the day like Nonchalant, but I'm running out of patience like a doctor with bad practice. Ya Digg!!

geposted Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 5:57 am
Guys,

I understand all of you, and it sucks that mac development is behind. but my advice is to be patient, this guys will eventually work out the kinks and i am sure we are all going to be surprised with VDJ 5.1. for mac. i could go the bootcamp way, its just that i dont have a big HD on the macbook, its only 120, so i will just wait, i will practice time codes on my pc. I had the mk2 before, and tried the tccd setup and it still crashed every once in a while. I am a hobbyist, not a pro, so i can have more patience than others. but i just bought my macbook for mixing, nothing else, so on that sense i really want to mix with it.

Mindtwister3d

geposted Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 7:30 am
NatorPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm also about to loose my patience. I preform 4 nights a week at the time. Not being able to trust the software gives me nervous breakdowns several times during the night. Some of my issues at moment are:

Version 5.07
- Can't read åäö - very annoying
- File Infos "click" > CRASH
- Hercules DJC MK2 joystick and lights doesn't work.

Version 5.08
- Hercules DJC MK2 joystick doesn't work.
- Using TimeCode > CRASH
- BPM manual edit > CRASH
- Scrolling folder list >CRASH sometimes

There been a couple of more issues that did not file because they occurred during "live" session.
I used 5.07 to configure "time code", then started and used 5.08. It works for awhile then random crash.

My only solution at the moment is to have iTunes ready in the background in case of crash. I'm seriously thinking about giving up VDJ and go back to CD. Bootcamp is not a solution I use MAC and OSX for a reason. Another software is not an option either because I haven't found any other that I fancy, yet.

//Nator

geposted Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 9:12 am
@all

I understand all the pain when using timescodes on mac but please be patience on this n hopefully the next version will be better for u:)

Regards.

geposted Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 11:42 am
I've been trying to be quiet on this, but since it came up... again... I'm going to help beat this dead horse. I'm sure other users have been waiting longer than I have, but I've been patiently waiting for the magical and mysterious ver 5.1 since November. One more month, and a baby could've been born, lol! Anyway, I keep waiting because I've invested a lot of money into VDJ (the software and sound card). I had to spend more money on a controller to "get by" until 5.1 is done. I'm starting to worry that the wait may not be worth it. I really haven't heard much to make me feel confident that timecode issues will be resolved in 5.1. At least give us a hint to the progress of timecode for Mac. It will help us sleep through the night, lol!

geposted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 2:14 am
Just to let u guys koe that v5.2 for mac have been released;)

geposted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 6:19 am
But the same problem with the timecode cds....

geposted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 6:57 am
Dj Mikels wrote :
But the same problem with the timecode cds....

Wow. I haven't downloaded the update yet and I've seen two posts saying that timecode doesn't work. Please say it ain't so.

geposted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 4:31 pm
Well, i will download it when i get home from work, will try it out and let you guys know.

geposted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 2:19 pm
Well...not what i expected. TCCD still crashes VDJ on the mac.

More waiting i guess.

geposted Wed 30 Jul 08 @ 10:21 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Currently, in 5.2, there shouldn't have issues with Numark VirtualVinyl sound card and Hercules DJ Console RMX concerning the use of timecode engine.

Now the problems?
* There is indeed a crash with Hercules DJ Console MK2 when you use it in timecode
* Apparently a crash with the use of aggregate devices : Maya44, Audio 8 DJ ?
=> please post the MAC OS crash report for each sound card

geposted Wed 30 Jul 08 @ 12:18 pm
ok, i have the audio 8 dj, so when i get home, i will post the error report.

geposted Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 10:34 am
I have the Stanton Final Scratch Open and i can't play with the timecode cds because it shows me error in the sound driver of CoreAudio!!!

geposted Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 5:45 pm
Man! This really sux. I have a Behringer BCD3000 that works fine on XP (bootcamp on MacBook) but I get no time code with the Mac Version of VDJ.....NOT GOOD AT ALL. Mac is a more stable platform for music. You guys really need to get this worked out!!!!n I have the newest version 5.2 by the way.

Are the guys at VDJ even trying to address this problem?

geposted Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 5:54 pm
80%