Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: What functions will a denon s3500 have with vdj

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello,

I'm rather new to the midi controlled software thing, so I have a question. I just ordered 2 denon s3500 players and I saw they can work with Vdj via timecode...

I don't know exactly what that means? will it work like a hc4500 controller? (with bpm sync and all) I'm always interested in new things. I looked up some hc4500/VDJ videos on youtube and that seems like a nice interface.

So I was wondering.. can my s3500's do the same? seems pretty cool..

Best Regards,

Arthur
Netherlands

geposted Mon 25 Aug 08 @ 8:43 pm
Timecode allows you to use almost any standard CD player (Or vinyl decks) to control the playback of songs in VirtualDJ. It will allow you to perform all basic functions such as play/pause, cue, pitch up/down, pitch bend, scratch, manual loop in/out (If the CD player has this function), hot cues (If the CD player has these), etc.

However, unlike a MIDI controller, it will not not allow you to directly control the software to trigger functions such as effects, video effects, video crossfading, samples, etc. Effects built into the CD player itself cannot be used because these will interfere with and corrupt the timecode signal. Master tempo/keylock on the CD player cannot be used for the same reason.

Also, you will not be able to see the correct song BPM on the CD player's display (The BPM of the timecode signal will be shown), time remaining (You will see the time remaining of the timecode signal) or song info such as artist and title. However, if you have your laptop or computer screen in front of you, you can see all this information on-screen instead.

To use timecode, you will need a 4 in, 4 out ASIO sound card such as ESI Maya44 USB or Native Instruments Audio 8.

geposted Wed 27 Aug 08 @ 12:37 pm
Thank you very much!! that explains all I wanted to know!

geposted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 12:53 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)