Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Smart Beat Tap

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ok, i just went from 5.01 (i think) to this 5.2.1.
Now this is buggin the hell out of me, every time i load a song it re-analyses it and the bpm it comes up with is totally off, and i tried to disabe it and it will not stop! what gives?

geposted Sun 07 Sep 08 @ 8:11 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The bpm engine was re-written in 5.1 --

"If the tracks have been analyzed by an external application prior to being loaded into VirtualDJ and that value is stored in the BPM ID3 Tag, then BPM Engine will use the stored value as a reference when analyzing the track. VirtualDJ will calculate a more precise value (0.05 BPM precise) not more than +/- 1 BPM away from the value of the tag. It will never try a greater difference."

"If the BPM (or the Key) is manually entered using the File Info dialog, then VirtualDJ will remember this and will not analyze the BPM or Key unless forced by selecting the BPM -> Re-Analyze function. So a song analyzed by prior versions will be reanalyzed. But a song where the BPM was manually changed in prior versions will not be automatically reanalyzed."

So, if you never imported the ID3Tag BPM or never manually corrected the BPM, VirtualDJ will re-analyze the track using the new engine.

geposted Sun 07 Sep 08 @ 10:48 pm
no i agree i have used demos of both and i mix happy hardcore and have noticed that the 5.07 was better than 5.2 as 5.2 analised the songs way diferenty, some of my songs which were 180BPM were changed to about 90bmp (or the equivent cant rember actuall bpm) they still match and sync but its a longer CBG pattern and the CBG would be off the actuall beats as well sometimes where 5.07 was near on perfect! anyone else had tise problem? i know that i can change it manually but its a bit of a pain as 5.07 just did it better and im just lazy!!!
and no i didnt change the bpm from the old version so it did get reanalised but it always gets it wrong!!!

geposted Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 8:26 am
Thanks CSTOLL, but as i played arond with it last night, some things just dont add up. Some songs that had BPMs in the 170s, all of a suden now have BMPs in the 120s?
Now ive always let VDJ analyse the songs, and there were subtle differences from version to version, some would cut the BPM by half, or by .1 when reanalyzed wich is nothing, but this just puts things in a whole new ball field.
Also, ive noticed that this new version has a delay of about half a second, whatever i do on my controller the laptop does it about 1/2 second later, the previous version didnt do that, i spent hours screwing around with the settings and could not figure it out....

geposted Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 4:35 pm
Ok, so through the transition from the old split engines to now there are some 'growing' pains. However; I can assure you that the BPM engine since 5.1 is consistently more accurate than before and we are only using 1 engine. When compared to other BPM analyzers, VirtualDJ still consistently gets it right more often.

So, here is what I do ... I go into the Options tab and leave the BPM<80 on Smart and scan my files. Once done, I change the setting to Disabled and rescan those tracks 80BPM and less. The ones it finds at their doubled value, I throw in a playlist and listen to them with automix. IF they are truly double I leave them alone, if they are half I correct them. I then repeat the same process for everything 160+. So, what I end up with is maybe a few tracks still below 80 that may be halved of what they should be but at least the majority are in the right setting for what they should be. Now everything that is between 80 and 160 still have the potential of being double of what they really are ... but I tend to find those at hit or miss when I load and prelisten to the track.

geposted Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 8:01 pm
I understand what you are saying, now my issue is that i was very happy with the older version, i updated because of the perks and perhaps more stability. I dont want to reanalyze everything, i want to keep the bpms the way they were, yet when i disable the features they still rescan every file and change the bpm to something else...

geposted Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 8:36 pm
correct there is no way to 'disable' the analyzer. The disable is only to tell VirtualDJ not to allow for BPMs below 80. This would be similar to using the 'techno/house' bpm option from the past. But still the tracks will re-analyze if they were not manually updated in prior version(s).

geposted Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 8:39 pm
1- will this option be available in the future?
2- i guess i should install my previous version in order to keep my BPM settings?

geposted Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 8:43 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)