Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Britney Madonna Usher - My Boo Blend

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Tue 25 Jan 05 @ 1:21 am
Alright, so nobody likes my old school selections b/c I never get feedback. But this is one of the new ones. It's an Acapella of Britney Spears with Madonna Me Against the Music with the My Boo Instrumental. A Classic Mash Up/Blend/Bootleg. I really appreciate any feedback..Thanks.

geposted Fri 28 Jan 05 @ 1:42 am
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Going to check out your stuff right now. I'll let you know what I think.

geposted Fri 28 Jan 05 @ 2:27 am
Brit/Madonna/Usher Mash: Didn't like it. Way too hectic for my tastes. Maybe you could clear it up a bit by tweaking the EQ or changing some levels. Very confusing for my brain with vocals on top of each other, all with about the same volume. The phrasing of the songs seems to be different, too, which confuses the mash. I think you picked 2 tough songs to put together.

Just an Illusion: I dig this tune! Personally, I'd toss the classic 4/4 house bass on there. I can see this moving a floor for sure.

Jam on it: What a classic track this is! Nice mash, too. Everybody should toss some old school into their sets. =)

Sense of Purpose: I think I hear a little "click" at the beginning of the opening loop. Sounds like what happens if you set the starting loop point just a hair too soon with VDJ. I think this would make a great House-->breakbeat transition song.

Release: I'd be out of my chair for sure! Uh Oh...sounds like the magic beatlock was fighting you. There is some tempo stutter. :/

In my opinion, the eq's were a bit out of whack for the mixdowns for everything but "Release". Treble seemed a bit piercing, and the lows were subdued. Be careful mashing all the treble and midrange sounds together...it tends to get garbled and fatigue the ears.

I don't mean to come off as super-critical(I have no false sense of confidence in my own ability, believe me), but if you want to get better you don't want to hear the good things, right?? =) I'll say one thing, though, I've heard MUCH worse from people getting paid to do it in a club!

geposted Fri 28 Jan 05 @ 3:02 am
I want Bargler to be a VIP!!! What solid feedback, thanks Bargler. The more critical the better. I know it's not completely perfect, and you just made me get better. If I can get TCV's I'll head to external recording. This was all VDJ w/o anything . I don't find the EQ's on VDJ all that good. I messed with them on most of these mixes. Agreed, not good enough..thanks. I really appreciate you listening to the stuff. I know there are problems with each of them. Vocal over Vocal forbidden...I get that. I'm really glad you liked some of the other stuff. Release Yourself is a damn good song isn't it :) Thanks a ton Man. I just wanted to hear someone comment. Thanks..if I can return the favor just point me in the direction.

geposted Fri 28 Jan 05 @ 3:59 am
I've got no place to upload, unfortunately. The only thing of any sort of quality I have recorded right now is a 60 minute Progressive/Trip-Hop mix. I've been trying to get into more house and vocal trance lately (as I'd like to get paid for this, eventually) but my heart really lies in the experimental progressive type stuff. I know "experimental" is a scary word in music, but not in this case. LOL. It's not Yoko Ono screaming as I scratch whale songs to a Gregorian chant or anything. =) The name of the mix is "98 degrees at Midnight" and that's the vibe I tried to capture. Pop this in your car's player at night and it can be magic. DJ Shadow, DJ Krush, that sort of thing. Laid back.

If that is something you'd be interested in hearing, I can probably find a place to upload it temporarily, or I could even send it via ICQ. It's about 60 megs, I think. You can email me at "bargler(at)gmail.com" if you'd like to take a listen!

geposted Fri 28 Jan 05 @ 6:00 am
Hey Bargler. Send it to supportteam@audioretro.com and I'll see if I can load it onto my site for you. 60 meg might be a little too large but I"ll give it a shot. I"ll also listen and give feedback.

geposted Fri 28 Jan 05 @ 4:03 pm
It was too big to go through my ISP's email, unfortunately. I'm uploading it too yousendit.com right now and you should get an email at the support address with a link for download.

geposted Fri 28 Jan 05 @ 5:44 pm
I received it. I'll take a listen tonight. Thanks.

geposted Sat 29 Jan 05 @ 12:49 am
That good, huh? =)

geposted Sun 30 Jan 05 @ 6:17 pm
I'm in MIami right now on business. Good yes, very melodic. Mixes, I'm going to give you the good stuff...some honest critque. Those mishaps you thought might get through..I heard them :) DJ's giving DJ's is funny. Most people wouldn't have heard them. I'm ten minutes in and I'll give you the feedback. Sounds really great though. I want to put some lyrics on top of your stuff. Thanks.

geposted Mon 31 Jan 05 @ 4:26 am
Bargler, I still owe you feedback which I wrote down at home (not there right now and promise to send) but you mention vocals over vocals on this mash. There aren't any. Did you just listen to a second or not listen and gave feedback? :} If you have a minute, indicator or something that would be great. I know it's taboo. Thanks.

geposted Wed 02 Feb 05 @ 4:28 am
I thought I heard vocal over vocal, but I might have been just referring to general mid or highs overwhelming each other.

I'll give 'em another listen.

geposted Wed 02 Feb 05 @ 10:44 pm
1:00 - Right about here is where the background vocal loop and the vocals get lost in each other a bit. Now that I listen again, might just be some other mid-range sound coming in that helps them blur. Not sure, but it sounds kind of "muddy" in the mid to high end if that makes any sense.

2:40 - Now the Brit is dropped out and hear how much cleaner the top end sounds?

4:10 - Brit is back. Her vocals are much louder here and it doesn't feel like my brain is fighting between two melodies.

I might mess with these songs tonight and see if I can mix of my own.

geposted Wed 02 Feb 05 @ 11:05 pm
Ok, I spent about an hour trying to do my own mash of these songs and I give up. I can't find away to blend these without chopping them up, which wouldn't really be a mash.

Two very difficult songs to blend, imo.

geposted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 2:59 am
Finally, the feedback I promised. I have to confess that I don't know these songs well so I'm probably mistating some things that might actually be a part of the song. Sorry in advance if I do that. I also wrote this down a week ago. So If you're unclear on some of my feedback just ask and I'll take another listen. Overall, as I mentioned it was very melodic and the music I thought was great. Most of the mixing was great too.

At 5:40 seemed like there was a slowdown in the music (could be the song but I noticed a tempo change)
At 6:30 the lyrics felt just a bit off (we're picky here). It gave me that unnatural feeling that it wasn't made in a studio which is what we all shoot for.
8:30 - I wrote down a problem and you know what it is. (I recall lyrics crashing off beat but not sure)
9:11 - you had an off beat that you fixed pretty quickly, nice job. But I did hear an off beat.
10:00 - Outstanding sound bytes..just loved them. I might have to borrow them if you don't mind.
12:20 - Real nice scratching...is that you?

So I gave you twelve minutes and only found the above. Really nice job. Again, I could be more thorough if I knew the songs obviously. I hope this helps. Thanks again for your feedback. I don't do anything with EQ's so I'll start to pay more attention. I really need the freakin TCV's to be available. I'm mixing with a laptop and nothing else. I need external tables and mixer.

geposted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 11:23 pm
Bargler, really like the mix at about 22 into the next song. Sounded perfect. Great scratch lead in. Right on beat and two perfect songs. I'm listening right now so I'll keep giving comments from 22 minutes on. All sounded good, into the old school. Damn what song is that...The Party started. Are you scratching or is that the song. The 1,2,3,4 Vocal into another song was perfect. Sounds like you're heating up. A lot of different songs(it sounds like), not sure if that's good or bad. I don't see people dancing at this point but from a fun DJ show off some skills I hear ya. At 26 min. you're being a little redundant with the loop or the song. The Drum and bass wasn't that exciting and seemed to go on a little to much.(picky I know) Maybe take 16 beats out and move on. Like the transition into whatever this song is. You really like the music don't you vs. the lyrics. Great stuff going on here. Sounds like you're sampling a song I know...bring it in for some lyrics. I'm at 29 minutes right now. LIke the tempo, melody and music. I'm going to get a beer. Nice slow down..are you using effects here or is this the song to get the chick studdering?

I'm back at some guy giving you lyrics. 30 minutes. Again, really heating up. This I can see moving a floor. Tough mix here with the effect, a little off beat heading into the rap comment. I find that's a tough effect to use and stay on beat. Could you Pick that Up...nice sample and mix. The 20 seconds before it were rough. At about 31 I'm guessing. LIke the (how do you describe) the Afrika Bambatta sounding scale rise and fall.

Alright, you got me jazzed up to mix. Nice job. Couldn't find much wrong later in your set. It's still playing sounds good. From a music standpoint I just like to hear some lyrics more. I'm going to take some old Chicago House and mix it up and post. Hopefully you'll comment. Thanks.

geposted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 11:59 pm
Ok, this forum tag is crazy. You use icq or any other IM?

I'd like to keep bouncing stuff off of you, and would do the same for you, if you'd like.

About the mix...In my own defense, that was my first recording, about 3-4 months after the first time I ever mixed, and before I had any equipment. Hercules Console Only mix right there, baby. =) I think it might have even been before I bought the full version of VDJ, but not sure.

You are right about it not really moving a dance floor. That wasn't really the intent, though. With the moody trip-hop stuff, I think it's more like making a soundtrack than a club mix, but that's just me.

One last thing, just curious about what you thought of the purposefully offbeat mix at about 42:00? The tracks are actually 1 whole beat off...you can hear it in the snares, but I thought it added a weird stepping effect. Man, listening to this old mix again really makes me want to put away the trance/house and get back to grooving!

geposted Fri 04 Feb 05 @ 4:01 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)