Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: key and camelot

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

g'day guys this is my first post.

i am trialing the vdj software and doing some comparisons with others (mixmeister fusion, traktor) before making the plunge to invest my hard earned bucks, I have the djc version with my hercules consul but its a bit limited

ok, I have complete my track analysis for key and bpm and have also displayed the corresponding camelot numbers, I have had some quite odd results, the key and camelot numbers match in minor keys such as 5A - Cm or 7A Dm , Am 8A etc etc, but when it comes to tracks that have flat or sharps it throws a wobbly.., an example "susan" by mark knight 128.0 bpm camelot code 12A key C#m, where as 12a should be D-flat minor, anyone else found these oddities..... Im no beethoven for sure, am I missing something and being a real duffa.

also,(just piggybacking on the last paragraph im trying to set up a filter folder, is it possible to apply a filter by "camelot code" rather than music "key", I normally organise my tracks on cd by camelot coding you see.

Cheers G'PUSS

geposted Wed 01 Oct 08 @ 4:26 am

ahh, I think Ive answered the first part myself... VDJ displays keys as sharps and no option to display as flats, the camelot keycode reflects the "flat" ... would be good for these to actual tie-in to each other..any comments??

geposted Wed 01 Oct 08 @ 6:10 am
I noticed the same thing last night. Are you sure about your answer to your question? So what you are saying is, ignore the key in VDJ and instead rely on the camelot number.

geposted Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 4:30 am
its better to use the correct key, camelot is the easy way, but like I pointed out vdj doesnt really undertake a correct translation of the odd song key to camelot code as above, to be honest the vdj analysis is ok its about 50% correctness,

using rapid evolution to undertake your key analysis (free and much better than mixed-in-key and vdj) and writing the key/camelot code to the comments column in the mp3 tags so you can see the key, rapid eveolution accuracy of key is in the high 60-70%'s Ive found, the ear is the only real 100% answer....!

to be honest with you Ive bought an xponent and now use torq software, and have moved away from vdj as its starting to be a bit dated (sorry guys),despite some of torq's oddities its got far more creative functionality, but doesnt have the browser and key id like vdj that I miss...cant have it all can we?....

all the best
glamourpuss

geposted Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 4:50 am
I don't know about music theory but I found these key differences too when working on a small application. 1A, 2A, 3A and 12A should be Abm, Ebm, Bbm and Dbm respectively. Virtual DJ uses G#m, D#m, A#m and C#m instead. I suppose the keys are equivalents?

Are you happy with the xponent and torq? I was very close to buying a VCI-100 to pair with my U46 SE but have been debating getting the VCI-300 instead. However, I've postponed both ideas because I would not be able to get sound out of Vista 64-bit. The xponent does have such drivers but most people seem to prefer the VCI-100.

geposted Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 6:05 am
hey,

just to clear up Abm is the same as G#, its the same black key on the keyboard (ie the 'sharp# of one is the 'flatb of another eg D# is the same as Eb etc, except there is no B# or Cb as there is no black key between them, just have a look at a piano keyboard when you get a chance), its just that VDJ see's them as different notes when you use the camelot code....that's my post above

cheers

buck for buck the xponent/torq has got everything and more than any other controller Ive come across , and it comes with its one dedicated software, unlike the cut-down "LE" software of other controllers.

geposted Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 12:31 pm
clarambHome userMember since 2009
hey! no one from virtual dj is answering!! i noticed that too, they are all A- no difference beetween flats and hi`s. why is this? is it an error and can we arrenge it?

geposted Fri 01 Jan 10 @ 10:32 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)