Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: lost virtual folder

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I either

A. lost a virtual folder

B. Deleted it somehow

I have version 5.0.7

Any way of getting this folder back other then rebuilding it again?

geposted Thu 02 Oct 08 @ 10:51 pm
DJTroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I am having a similar problem (VDJ V5.2pro).

I initially considered user error, but I have eliminated that possibility. Don't see how it could be sabotage, the Dj booth is pretty secure and I only get a couple of minutes to have a smoke and I am back... unless it is web based... (but, lets be real...)

(a) Virtual Folders are disappearing -appx 5 primary folders this week!
- I backed up my virtual folders to play lists when I began to suspect a problem. This process confirmed my suspicions...

(b) The contents of the remaining folders are changing... disappearing...
- Using my saved play lists, I have confirmed changes to at least two of my virtual folders...

(c) The commands "move folder up" and "move folder down" are not working (responding) properly.

I know to reinstall the OS & VDJ software... but are there any other options? Any way to recover the lost data? I have been consolidating play lists and I have not been using the database back up tool... I have been deleting my working play lists as I go, so my safety files are gone...

I have noticed some other (video) anomalies on my system that also make me know that I need to reinstall the world... Doing this has always helped in the past... but those virtual folders are gold to me, and will take a long time to rebuild... This has essentially killed one of my theme shows...

Will V5.2.1 fix this problem? Or do I need to get viligent with saving my virtual folders as play lists? -I know that I should be doing this anyway...

DJTroy

geposted Sat 11 Oct 08 @ 11:49 am
This problem is continuing. I have updated to v5.2.1.

I have lost 2 more virtual folders and a noticeable quantity of songs...

I have confirmed these losses with my play list backups...

DJTroy

geposted Thu 16 Oct 08 @ 10:09 pm
well, what I have been able to figure out (on my own) is that:

According to the manual, the database is stored in multiple XML files. These files still contained at least one of the missing folders and its contents. However there were a few lines of blank space inserted before them... Also one of the </virtualfolder> tags were missing. I don't understand programming well enough to manually correct them... but some of the data was there. It just seemed to be corrupted (?).

As for the missing songs, I have been able to locate many of my most played songs in the history file under the Virtual DJ folder under my documents. The data still has to be re entered manually, but it is a starting point.

Not knowing that much about programming I have to assume that I need to restart the database by manually deleting the XML files and letting the software rebuild them from scratch. I can import my folder contents that I saved as play lists; then manually re enter the comments that would have been stored in the original XML database... Only 18,000+ files to rate... It would save me a lot of time if I could write the VDJ comments to the ID3 tags...

The software options to repair the database did not help...

Any suggestions are welcome...

DJTroy

geposted Thu 30 Oct 08 @ 10:27 pm
I am thinking that if I:
- Save all of my virtual folders as playlists.
- Make a safety back up of the XML file(s).
- Then manually delete all references associated to <virtualfloder> in the XML file and save it. -> the tags and the contents contained within.
- Recreate the virtual folders, using the software and playlists.

I am hoping to preserve the 'comments' and other data associated with my music...

Any thoughts?

geposted Mon 10 Nov 08 @ 4:44 pm
That idea seems to have worked... When I started VDJ, I got a corrupt database, but I used the software option to repair it.

I may have just made it worse, but I still have my backups sitting there if I need to switch back. If anything interesting happens, I'll post back...

...But I did notice a lot of 'blank spaces' in the XML database file....

Cheers...

geposted Sun 23 Nov 08 @ 2:38 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)