Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Nothing but PROBLEMS

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ever since the 5.2.1 update was installed on my system I have had nothing but NIGHTMARES!!!!!!!!

1) My entire database is reported as corrupt each time I plug my harddrive in. The hard drive is perfectly fine. Windows Live One Care scans it once a day and has never found a virus or any spyware, etc.....I just spent all day today rescanning every title for BPM and Length (17 hours doing this), went to plug it into my laptop and nothing has any information. Plugged it back into my desktop and it was reported as corrupt...all of the info is gone.

2) Songs that I know work fine are loading up as 30 seconds....or sometimes not at all.

I do 1-2 weddings a weekend and this is a MAJOR ISSUE. I have to blame version 5.2.1 because it was last weekend when I first downloaded it and used it and first had issues. Thank god someone at the wedding in the bridal party had an ipod with them with a vast majority of the important must play songs on it.

Is there a way to go back to version 5.1.? cause this is B.S.??????

I need answers ASAP or I'm going to have no other alternative but to move to a different program, because I'm spending too much time doing this stuff OVER AND OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Dan Katula
Envision Entertainment, Inc.

geposted Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 8:21 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Envision Entertainment wrote :
Is there a way to go back to version 5.1.? cause this is B.S.??????

Get it contact with the team or a teamer. They will supply you with a link, so you can download 5.1 again

geposted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 12:25 am
Dan I haven't moved to 5.2.1 yet, still on 5.1 but, even so there are some things I do to just in case of a corruption. Don't know if they will help you or not and you already may be doing these.

1. Have a backup hard drive, just in case the primary crashes.
2. At the end of each night I make a backup copy of the VirtualDJ XML file found on the root of the drive, copy it to a USB thumb drive and to the backup hard drive. That way if the file gets damaged or corrupted just restore it.

Another thing you might want to check, not saying it's a 5.2.1 version issue but, might be worth your time. Check the system event log, see if there are any hard drive errors being reported. If there are your hard drive could be failing.

geposted Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 11:06 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)