Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Cannot Get VDJ to see the HC-4500

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

pookie3PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hello,

I have been running VDJ with the HC-4500 for about 5 months and it has worked WONDERFUL. However, last weekend my hard drive died and I need to re-install everything on a new drive.

Now, I can't get VDJ to connect for the life of me! I have installed the latest drivers in the 4500 and everything is connected properly. It worked just fine for months, install a new hard drive and now nothing connects and nothing works on it.

I have tried this on multiple computers and it won't connect with any of them. When I load VDJ it does not say welcome to VDJ or anything like it used to.

I have it activated in the config menu and it has a red box around it...is that good or bad?

Any help would be a life saver!

Jeff Dick

geposted Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 1:30 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
pookie3 wrote :

I have it activated in the config menu and it has a red box around it...is that good or bad?

When it's highlighted red it means the controller is activated, but VirtualDJ hasn't detected it, once VirtualDJ has detected the controller, the highlight will change to green.

So I would say it's bad.

geposted Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 1:37 pm
With the HC4500 connected to your computer and switched on, try going doing the following:

• Go into the Windows Control Panel -> System -> Hardware tab -> Device Manager button.

• Browse to 'Sound, video and gaming controllers'.

If the Denon HC4500 is connected, you should see 'USB Audio Device' listed. If this is not present, the HC4500 has not been detected by your computer and will not function.

If this is present, double-click on it to view its properties. In the 'Location' field, you should see the DN-HC4500 listed. If there are more than one 'USB Audio Device', check the properties of each in turn.

If the USB Audio Device is not present, it means that there is a communication problem between your computer and the HC4500. Try using a different USB cable and/or different USB ports. If you have re-installed Windows, please ensure that you have installed all relevant system drivers for your computer (These can usually be obtained from the manufacturer's website.)

Also, please ensure that you have updated your HC4500 to the latest Denon firmware and have installed the latest drivers. These are available from Denon's website: http://www.denondj.com/plugin.asp?prod=DN-HC4500

geposted Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 7:11 pm
pookie3PRO InfinityMember since 2008
JP you ROCK!!!

It was as simple as changing out the USB cable and it worked like magic!

Thank you very much for your help. and btw...your mapper makes this piece of equipment come ALIVE! it is amazing!!! :-)

Jeff Dick

geposted Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 10:52 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)