Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: understanding latency

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

After using DPC Latency Checker, and turning off every driver that I think I can, I still get peaks in the 4000 - 8000 range. First, how do you know what's safe to turn off. Second, is there a way to set VDJ latency to overcome these peaks?

geposted Thu 09 Oct 08 @ 11:02 am
Hi, what soundcard are you using?

geposted Thu 09 Oct 08 @ 11:20 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You would need a huge buffer really.

What system and hardware are you using?

Run "Process Explorer" http://download.sysinternals.com/Files/ProcessExplorer.zip

On the view menu, go to "Select Columns" and on the "Process Performance" tab enable "CPU Cycles Delta" and "Context Switch Delta".

Watch what is happening with CPU utilisation and the two delta values and see if something is behaving abnormally at the time of the spikes. Keep an eye on DPCs.

Let me know if you see anything, and we'll go from there :)

geposted Thu 09 Oct 08 @ 11:29 am
Thank you very much. I am using the DJ Console MK2 as a sound card. Using the two tools combined, I was able to identify and turn off a couple of start up programs. And that seems to have helped, though I'll need to observe for quite a while longer to see if I get any latency spikes into the red.

I also discovered that VDJ itself is causing the spikes into the yellow. Those presumbably are acceptable, but it would be great to reduce them, too, or to be certain that my VDJ settings are appropriate to allow for it.

Does that make sense, or should I just accept the yellow as okay? Also, I will comment again if I see any red spikes.

Thanks, again.

geposted Thu 09 Oct 08 @ 5:22 pm
from where can i download dpc latency checker

geposted Tue 25 Nov 08 @ 4:05 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)