Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: file management trouble

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I am running VDJ 5.2.1 on my Macbook. I have all my music and video on external harddrives. It seems that when typing a title search I getno response for a track I know is in my database. If I click on the folder to which it belongs then I can find it. I have resorted to opening each and every folder each time I start a session in order to search for files. I have tried clicking on each folder and adding to search DB but when I open VDJ next time the problem is the same. This takes considerable time to access all my folders and I don't dare even try the Itunes folder because of time constraints. How can I make VDJ remember my Database without the circus of opening each folder everytime?

A related issue: Moving related folders so that I can see them together? I have tried to move my various video folders so that they appear in succession. But no go. I tried set as favorite which worked until I closed the computer, went to work at my club and tried opening these favorites. Somehow They were reidentified as i tunes folders and were empty! now I can't even delete them! Please help.

geposted Wed 05 Nov 08 @ 1:08 pm
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Check that your permissions are Read & Write.

geposted Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 12:10 am
Where do I check that? on the VDJ or on the properties of the external

geposted Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 1:53 pm
xonorPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Go to the next folder "....yourhd_drive/your_name/documents", and now alternate clic on the folder "virtualdj" and "get info" (i have it in spanish, i think maybe it's like this).
Or simply clic "documents" on your dock and "show in finder".

Check that "read/write" permissions are selected.

geposted Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 2:05 pm
I am having the same problem. I have a 500 GB external drive with my Macbook pro late 2008 edition. I goto the search bar and type in music I know I have on the external and it doesnt show up. Please help. I went to the "get info" on the external and it says sharing permissions read and write, but wont let me click or change anything even if I wanted to.

Let me know how to fix this please I have a party this week to do

geposted Sun 09 Nov 08 @ 7:11 pm
Same here. read/write is selected for my permission but still no love. I can't access my file without opening each folder first! also canot make the "set as favorite " folders that seem to have hijacked by itunes go away even when I try to delete. this is F***ed up!
Maybe some real tech support or a moderator could offer an actual solution.

geposted Mon 10 Nov 08 @ 10:47 am
Anyone please help! I have put support tickets in and get no answers and was told if I bought the pro version things would be better. not yet

geposted Mon 10 Nov 08 @ 2:31 pm
UTBASEBALL, try clicking on each individual folder, rifgt clic add to search DB. Close and restart computer. Also make sure you have clicked on show music (second bullet next to search line.) Lastly, right click on individual file and click on file info read your file info make sure its there and does not read "file does not exist" this sometimes happens when you switch externals. Good Luck let me know how it goes.

geposted Mon 10 Nov 08 @ 3:37 pm
Thanks a lot Im doing it now. gonna take awhile to read all my files but ill let you know good looking out

geposted Mon 10 Nov 08 @ 4:14 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Mon 10 Nov 08 @ 4:15 pm
yeah thanks for the input. I suggested closing down and restarting to make sure the changes took. I tried before saving to DB but when I reopened I had the same problem. now realize that I needed to reformat one of two hard drives. It made every problem seem random but when I removed the other HD it all made sense.

geposted Mon 10 Nov 08 @ 6:02 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)