Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Winclone --- A bootcamp backup

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

xonorPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm gonna say this for the people that doesn't know this software.

The people (me too) that use bootcamp, maybe don't think about a backup copy of the windows partition.
If you are planning to change the hd of your mac, or simply, you you don't have any way to backup, I have found winclone.

I makes an image of the bootcamp partition.
What you can do with this?

Few days ago, I have changed the internal hd of the MBP (200>>320gb) and you can clone the mac os plus partition from the old to the new drive, but you can't clone the windows partition.
You can clone, but doesn't work.

The first you can do it's make the image of the partition to the mac os x partition, delete the bootcamp partition, clone the mac to the new drive, create again the windows part in the new drive and restore the whole part, and you don't loose anything.

Winclone it's free, but you can donate if you want.
I have donate because have save my xp partition.

Enjoy mac.

geposted Wed 05 Nov 08 @ 6:08 pm
NatorPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Great info mate! I didn't manage to clone my win partion last harddrive update. So I will give it a try as still have the old drive intact.

/ N
20 min later...
Ok, I have used this soft and it worked very very good. And it is really quick aswell, all done in about 20 minutes with 10GB partion.

Many Thanks!

geposted Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 10:43 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)