Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Audio Interface Question

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello all Virtual Dj Users.

I have been considering Virtual Dj over Serato for a while now due to the open ended nature of the program (no interface is mandatory).

I have a simple question: Can I use my Presonus Firepod audio interface (8ins x 10outs) to plug two turntables (with appropriate Numark/Virtual Dj tc vinyl) into my mac to control Virtual Dj?

I have tried on the "beta" mac version that was floating around and the Timecode setup only allowed for me to select Numark Virtual Vinyl Usb interface as a sound card.

I assume that when/if I purchase the full version I can use any asio interface (with ample ins/outs) to patch in the timecodes right?

Unfortunately the tech support email people have not done well to answer my questions. I am now turning to the almighty Users.

Thank you all!!!!!

=
chris

geposted Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 7:22 pm
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
cpowers1986 wrote :
I have been considering Virtual Dj over Serato for a while now due to the open ended nature of the program (no interface is mandatory).

The site advertises the software like that because that's how in works in Windows. It's not like that on Mac.

cpowers1986 wrote :
I have a simple question: Can I use my Presonus Firepod audio interface (8ins x 10outs) to plug two turntables (with appropriate Numark/Virtual Dj tc vinyl) into my mac to control Virtual Dj?

No. At the moment, only the Hercules MK2 and RMX controller, along with the Numark Virtual Vinyl interface work for timecode in VDJ on a Mac.

cpowers1986 wrote :
I assume that when/if I purchase the full version I can use any asio interface (with ample ins/outs) to patch in the timecodes right?

Mac doesn't use ASIO. It's core audio.

I hope this info was useful for you. Good luck!

geposted Sat 08 Nov 08 @ 4:28 pm
THANKS SO MUCH!!!
FINALLY A STRAIGHT ANSWER AND SOME GOOD INFO!

geposted Sun 09 Nov 08 @ 7:08 am
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I should mention that my comments were made concerning timecode. When using VDJ without timecode, most sound cards do work. Thought I'd better mention that incase you didn't plan on using timecode.

geposted Mon 10 Nov 08 @ 2:53 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)