Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hidden music files in VDJ

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ok. I've been asking for help for a while here and not been able to get a clear answer. I've spent a long time searching the history topics as well and have not been able to come up with an answer.

Simply put here is the problem;

When you search for song and move that song into a "VIRTUAL FOLDER" it would seem that most of the time that song is now hidden from future searches. Then... if you go into the BROWSER and then check your database on the external drive it states there is a certain number of songs in the database but there are another amount that are hidden. So the question is;

WHY ARE THEY HIDDEN!! I NEED ANSWERS!!

I can't come up with a good rhyme or reason for this and I know from other colleagues I'm not the only guy that has this problem. It sucks when searching for a song you know is in your library and you can't find it. I have to open Windows explorer and find the song then drop it in. somebody tell me something about this please.

Thanks.

geposted Sat 08 Nov 08 @ 5:25 pm
Hello?????????????

is anyone out there. Even if no one knows then someone please say something. I am a valid licensed user with a real issue here.

geposted Wed 12 Nov 08 @ 10:21 pm
Gentlemen.... Is there really no one willing to answer the question. Where are the developers and moderators here.

geposted Sun 16 Nov 08 @ 2:10 am
Dude relax man its the weekend and most were/are djin and stuff, I am sure someone will be along to help ya if they know the answer.

geposted Sun 16 Nov 08 @ 3:57 am
djtopsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
well I'll take a shot at it since no support is in...lets see, i guess their hidden.......because they're scared??? or maybe the tunes are just shy....sorry dude just tryin to help, try reurse on your main parent folder.

geposted Sun 16 Nov 08 @ 7:25 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hidden files have nothing to do with VirtualFolders

Hidden files are files that you have played by directly browsing to that file OR using some other method (like Windows Explorer) to load that track onto a VirtualDJ deck - AND what makes them Hidden is that you have never added the file to the Search DB.

Hidden Files = Played and has info but not in SearchDB

** And if you are going to try to help someone then help them instead of taking shots at the thing they are asking for which is HELP.

geposted Mon 17 Nov 08 @ 1:25 pm
the only time a have this problem when i move a song with out using
vdj and if you do update on the database it should take care of the problem

geposted Tue 18 Nov 08 @ 7:23 pm
hey guys... thanks for the responses. By the way.... I'm not angry.... i just have to admit that usually people on these boards were a lot faster then that for support. No big deal.... Just trying to keep it on the page. :-)

As for the responses... I am aware of the hidden files as they pertain to Wondows. That's not the issue and that's the first thing I went to confirm. Hidden files are selected as showing in windows.... Secondly... they are all added to the Database because I have done that tons of times at the beginning of an event... after re-adding the folders, the browser says they're all there. Then on the next gig I have a couple hundred hidden music files. The other weird part is that the songs that are hidden are in my VIRTUAL FOLDERS. It's just that when I search for that file, it doens't come up.... even if I'm in the virtual folder that has the file in it. That's why I'm so weirded out and can't figure out what else to do.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks again

geposted Sat 22 Nov 08 @ 4:06 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
As I know, VDJ does not show hidden files in browser.
Why do you use hidden parameter anyway?

geposted Sat 22 Nov 08 @ 10:07 pm
Hi DJ Alf. Ok... that's interesting. Maybe I am missing something simple or I'm over-thinking. To my knowledge, I'm not using any sort of hidden parameters. Are you talking about the "Folder Options" of windows. If you are then again... I have it set as showing all hidden files. I am speaking of the music files in VDJ itself. I am trying to understand why songs that are located in Virtual folders become hidden files according to the "Browser" in VDJ. As well.... they won't show up in any of the searches even though the collection (Including those files) have been added to the search db.

geposted Wed 26 Nov 08 @ 9:53 am
dJdAbPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I've had tracks dissapear occassionally and it's really annoying. One day I'll be happily playing songs within a folder, then the next day one of the tracks is gone. I can even drop it back into the folder and it just simply doesn't show up! It's almost like VDJ removes it from the database, without any prompting from me.

Maybe I'll look at the default key shortcuts and see if I'm accidentally hitting a key? A remove from database key shortcut maybe?

-dJ dAb

geposted Wed 26 Nov 08 @ 2:39 pm
I'm wondering whether this is related to my thread.

I've just put a lot more music on my external hard drive and , as usual, will re-connect this afternoon to re-index prior to going to the club.

One thing I have just thought of... Aftre indexing I'm gonna search the databse XML file on the external drive to see if the files have been added correctly.

If not, I'm going to rename the file and then get VDJ to re-build from scratch to see what the differences maybe...

Cheers,

Roy

geposted Fri 28 Nov 08 @ 5:03 am
See.... I've been wondering something similar. I have found that on start-up of VDJ there have been times when loading the database clearly doesn't take long enough compared to other times. I've looked for oddities when doing that but again... I can't really find much. I am going to a show tonight and I'm going to see what I can try again and then post my findings.

geposted Fri 28 Nov 08 @ 8:20 am
ive had a problems like this with videos, the ocassional video would vanish. the only workaround i could come up with was removing my faviorate folders shutdown, restart, then re-add favorates and tracks to to search DB, it will still keep all the scanned info(bpm ect) but will add all the track's vdj has lost, maby virtual is getting a little bit senile in its old age :) however one of the dj's at the venue i work has just lost all his crates in serato and is having to build them back from scratch. (and was using VDJ in the mean time. Go Figure!)

geposted Sat 29 Nov 08 @ 11:04 am
My problem is why should some files be hidden while others appear in search result. And even if this must happen can't we know the criterion with which vdj decide which files should hide and which should appear (when in fact all of them have been added to the search db)?

geposted Mon 06 Jan 14 @ 3:01 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)