- PLAY. Plays / Pauses the track. Press and hold Shift and then press this button to "stutter-play" the track from the last set Cue Point.
- CUE. When the Deck is paused, you can set a temporary Cue Point by moving the Platter to place the Audio Pointer at the desired location and then pressing the CUE Button.
During playback, you can press the Cue Button to return the track to this Cue Point. (If you did not set a Cue Point, then it will return to the beginning of the track.).
If the Deck is paused, you can press and hold the Cue Button to play the track from the Temporary Cue Point. Releasing the Cue Button will return the track to the temporary Cue Point and pause it. To continue playback without returning to the Temporary Cue Point, press and hold the Cue Button, then press and hold the Play Button, and then release both buttons.
Press and hold SHIFT and then press this button to return to the beginning of the track.
- SYNC. Press this button to automatically match the corresponding Deck's tempo with the opposite Deck's (or the Master Deck’s if using a 4 decks Skin) tempo and phase. Press and hold Shift and press this button to set this deck as Master Deck (for 4 decks skins).
- DECK SELECT. Switch Left decks (1 and 3) and Right Decks (2 and 4). The left side of the NS7II will control VirtualDJ decks 1 or 3, and the right side will control VirtualDJ decks 2 or 4.
- HOTCUES. Assigns a Hot Cue Point or returns the track to that Hot Cue Point. When a Hot Cue Button is unlit, you can assign a Hot Cue Point by pressing it at the desired point in your track. Once it is assigned, the Hot Cue Button will light. To return to that Hot Cue Point, simply press it.
Press and hold SHIFT and then press a Hot Cue Button to delete its assigned Hot Cue Point.
- JOG. Motorized jogwheel.
- START TIME. Define the time that takes for the track to get its normal speed when Play is pressed.
- STOP TIME. Define the time that takes for the track to completely stop
- STRIP SEARCH. The length of this strip represents the length of the entire track. Place your finger on a point along this sensor to jump to that point in the track (song position).
- BEAT GRID. These buttons offer the ability to manually adjust the CBG of the track. Similar operations are offered at the BPM Editor of VirtualDJ 8.
Hold ADJUST button down and then use the Jogwheel to adjust the width of the CBG Beatgrid (actually the BPM value). The motor will stop (if the track is playing) as long as this button is pressed to assist on precise adjustments.
Hold SHIFT down and then press the ADJUST button to set the First Beat Anchor point, in order the CBG to start moving from that point.
Hold SLIP button down and then use the Jogwheel to adjust the position of the CBG Beatgrid. The motor will stop (if the track is playing) as long as this button is pressed to assist on precise adjustments.
Hold SHIFT down and then press the SLIP button to allow VirtualDJ re-analyze the track and claculate again the BPM and the CBG (will cancel previous adjustments)
- BEAT TAP. Manually adjust the tempo of the song. Tap this button at the same tempo as the track to help the software detect a different BPM reading (if needed).
- REVERSE/BLEEP. Reverses audio playback of the track on the corresponding deck. When the switch is in the Reverse position, the playback of the track will be reversed. Returning the switch to its center (deactivated) position will resume normal playback from wherever the Audio Pointer stops.
When the switch is in the Bleep position, the playback of the track will be reversed. Returning the switch to its center (deactivated) position will resume normal playback from where it would have been if you had never engaged the Bleep function (i.e., as if the track had been playing forward the whole time).
- SLIP MODE. Press this button to activate the Slip mode. Note that tin the current version of VirtualDJ, the Slip mode only operates with HotCues and Loops. The Slip mode has no effect on the motorized platter.
Press and hold SHIFT and press this button to turn on/off the corresponding Platter's motor. This will not affect the track's playback.
- PITCH RANGE/ MASTER TEMPO. Press this button to adjust the range of the Pitch Fader ( to ±6%, ±8%, ±10%, ±12%, ±20%, ±25%, ±33%, ±50%, and ±100%). Press and hold SHIFT and then press this button to "lock" the track's pitch to its original key. The track's tempo will remain at the speed designated by the Pitch Fader
- PITCH. Adjust the track's playback speed (tempo). The white LED next to the fader will light up when the unit’s fader is set at 0%. The Red Up and Down Arrow LEDs will lit if the pitch position of the unit and the actual pitch of the software do not match, to indicate the direction you need to move the hardware fader in order to catch the software one.
- PITCH BEND. Press and hold down to temporary speed up/slow down the song while pressed. When released, the track playback will return to the speed designated by the Pitch Fader
- PADS PARAMETER. Offer different functions depending on the selected PADs Mode. See Pads.
- PADS. Offer various operations, depending on the PADs Mode. See Pads.
- PAD MODES. 9 different PAD Modes are offered. The Leds are colored differently to indicate the Mode. (see Pads)