Back to VDJ8 Script
Verbs of VDJScript in VirtualDJ 8
Page 1 Page 2
Previous Page Back to VDJ8 Script
Verbs of VDJScript in VirtualDJ 8
- backspin : Do a backspin. It is possible to specify the length: 'backspin 5000ms'
- brakespeed : vinyl brake speed, the larger, the longer it takes for the record to get from playing to stopped
- get_pitch : Get the pitch from -100% to +100%, centered on 0%
- get_pitch_value : Get the pitch from 0% to 200%, centered on 100%
- get_pitch_zero : Is true if the pitch is zero, with an optional precision parameter: 'get pitch_zero 5%' (the % is relative to the pitch range. Use "get pitch_zero 'absolute' 0.1%" to use absolute precision)
- master_tempo : activate/deactivate the master tempo (to make the pitch slider change the speed of the song, but keep the original key of the song).
- pitch : Set the pitch of the deck. Without parameters it can be assigned to sliders. Used with a number, it gives the position on the slider (and therefore account for pitch_range). ('pitch 0.25' set pitch at -10% if pitch range is 20%). Used with a percent it gives an absolute position. 'pitch 112%' set pitch at +12%, append with bpm will set the pitch so the track bpm equals given value, 'pitch 130.0 bpm'. Relative values are possible too. 'pitch +0.1%', 'pitch +0.1 bpm' (Synonym for pitch_slider and pitch2 and pitch2_slider)
- pitch_bend : slow down or speed up the song: 'pitch_bend +3%'. you can make the bend to increase slowly by specifying a second time parameter: 'pitch_bend +1% 500ms' will start at +1% and will double every 500ms.
- pitch_lock : lock the pitch sliders on both decks so both will move together. (Synonym for pitchlock)
- pitch_motorized :
- pitch_range : set the range for the pitch slider. 'pitch_range 12%' set the range from -12% to +12%. 'pitch_range +1' scrolls through the default pitch ranges. 'pitch_range "12,16,25" +1' scrolls through the provided list of pitch ranges.
- pitch_relative : set the pitch of the deck, to be used by hardware controllers if you prefer the change to be relative to the software pitch position
- pitch_reset : slowly brings the pitch back to 0%. you can specify the speed in % per second (default 1% per second): 'pitch_reset 5%'
- pitch_zero : Set pitch to 0% (normal playing speed). Use 'pitch_zero "center"' on controllers that send a message when the pitch slider is at the center. This prevents unwanted behavior in gradual or relative mode.
- startupspeed : vinyl startup speed, the larger, the longer it takes for the record to get from stopped to playing
- effect_3slots_layout : Change between the 1-slot and 3-slots layout for effects
- effect_active : activate/deactivate the effect on a specific slot. example: effect_active 1 'flanger' on or effect_active 1 (Synonym for effect_activate)
- effect_beats : set the beat parameter for certain effects
- effect_button : 'effect_button 1 2' button 2 on slot 1. 'effect_button 2' button 2 on slot 1
- effect_clone : Load into this deck all 3 slots from the current left or right deck
- effect_colorslider : Control the effect from centre position off, to full on either left or right
- effect_command : send a command to this effect
- effect_disable_all : 'deck 1 effect_disable_all' Disables all effects on deck 1. 'deck master effect_disable_all' Disables all master effects
- effect_dock_gui : dock/undock this effect's control window
- effect_has_button : 'effect_has_slider 1 2 on' -> returns true if there is a second button on slot 1
- effect_has_slider : effect_has_slider 1 2 on -> returns true if there is a second slider on slot 1. effect_has_slider 1 -> returns true if there is a first slider on slot 0
- effect_mixfx : Associate an effect with the crossfader
- effect_mixfx_activate : Toggle the mixfx feature on or off
- effect_mixfx_select : Select the mixfx linked to the crossfader
- effect_releaseslider : Control the effect release specific slider
- effect_releaseslider_active: Control the effect release specific slider and auto activate the effect
- effect_select : effect_select 2 "echo" -> select effect echo in slot 2. effect_select 1 -1 -> select previous effect in slot 1. effect_select +1 -> select next effect in slot 1. effect_select -> show popup window for slot 1. effect_select 1 -> show popup window for slot 1. effect_select 1 0.2 -> select the 2/10th effect from the list in slot 1. effect_select deactivates the previous plugin in the specified slot
- effect_select_multi : effect_select_multi 2 "echo" -> select effect echo in slot 2. effect_select_multi 1 -1 -> select previous effect in slot 1. effect_select_multi +1 -> select next effect in slot 1. effect_select_multi -> show popup window for slot 1. effect_select_multi 1 -> show popup window for slot 1. effect_select_multi 1 0.2 -> select the 2/10th effect from the list in slot 1. effect_select_multi "video" -> select effect in the video effect slot. effect_select_multi does not deactivate the previous plugin in the specified slot
- effect_show_gui : show the control window for this effect
- effect_slider : Move the n-th slider on the given effect. "effect_slider 1 2 50%" : Set slider id 2 on slot 1 to 50%. "effect_slider 1 0%" : set slider id 1 on slot 1 to 0% (Synonym for effect_slider_slider)
- effect_slider_active : move a slider and activate the effect as long as the mouse is down (Synonym for effect_slider_activate)
- effect_slider_reset : return this plugin slider to its default value
- effects_used : Active when there are any audio effects activated. Use "effects_used 'deck'" to get the effects on the selected deck, or "effects_used 'master'" to get effects activated on master.
- get_effect_button_name : get the name of the xth button of the currently selected effect
- get_effect_button_shortname : get the short name of the xth button of the currently selected effect
- get_effect_name : get the name of the currently selected effect
- get_effect_slider_count : get the number of slider on this effect
- get_effect_slider_default : returns the default value for this slider
- get_effect_slider_label : get the label to display under this slider control
- get_effect_slider_name : get the name of the xth slider of the currently selected effect
- get_effect_slider_shortname : get the shortname to display under this slider control
- get_effect_slider_text : get the full text associated with this slider control
- get_effect_string : get the text displayed by this effect. Some effects allow setting text as well (Synonym for effect_string)
- get_effect_string_name : get the label to display for this effect
- get_effect_title : get the title of the currently selected effect
- get_effects_used : Returns the number of audio effects currently active
- get_video_fx_slider_label : get the text to display under this slider control
- get_videofx_name : get the name of the currently selected video effect
- get_videotrans_name : get the name of the currently selected video transition
- is_releasefx : query if this effect is in the release effect slot
- pluginsongpos :
- show_pluginpage : show or hide the plugin control windows in the browser area
- video_fx : activate/deactivate the selected video effect
- video_fx_button : push the n-th button of the video effect plugin
- video_fx_clear : deactivate all the active video effects
- video_fx_select : select a video effect plugin. you can specify by name ('video_fx_select "my_plugin"'), relative ('video_fx_select +1') or without parameters to open a popup window listing the available plugins
- video_fx_slider : move the n-th slider of the video effect plugin (Synonym for video_fx_slider_slider)
- video_source : activate video if not yet active, and open the shader selection dialog if shader is the source
- video_source_select : select the plugin used for the video source, you can specify by; name 'video_source_select "webcam"' , relative 'video_source_select +1' , or without parameters to open a popup window listing available plugins
- video_transition_button : push the n-th button of the video transition plugin
- video_transition_select : select the plugin used for video transitions. you can specify by name ('video_transition_select "my_plugin"'), relative ('video_transition_select +1') or without parameters to open a popup window listing the available plugins
- video_transition_slider : move the n-th slider of the video transition plugin (Synonym for video_transition_slider_slider)
- adjust_cbg : adjust the beat grid. 'adjust_cbg +2' moves the start bar from 4:4. 'adjust_cbg +10%' moves the actual bars.
- beat_tap : tap on a few beats to set a new bpm for the song if the application didn't got it right on the first time.
- edit_bpm : open the BPM Editor to edit the bpm and beat grid
- edit_poi : open the POI Editor to edit the cue points, and other points of interest
- goto_mixpoint : Jump to the specified mix point ("StartTempo", "EndTempo", "StartCut", "EndCut", "StartFade", "EndFade", "StartSound", "EndSound"). Example: goto_mixpoint "StartCut"
- reanalyze : reanalyze the current file
- set_bpm : set the bpm of the song to the set value: 'set_bpm 129.3', or relative to the actual value: 'set_bpm 50%'.
- set_firstbeat : moves the first beat to the current position, adjusting the beat-grid
- set_mixpoint : Move the specified mix point to the current position ("StartTempo", "EndTempo", "StartCut", "EndCut", "StartFade", "EndFade", "StartSound", "EndSound"). Example: set_mixpoint "StartTempo"
- prelisten : Pre-listen the selected track (Synonym for preview)
- prelisten_options : Show a context menu with the prelisten player options
- prelisten_output : Set this deck to be used for the prelisten player. Example: "deck 1 prelisten_output", or to put it back to default: "prelisten_output 'auto'"
- prelisten_pos : move the position of the prelisten player
- prelisten_stop : Stop the prelisten player
- broadcast : start or stop to broadcast
- broadcast_message : set or get the broadcast message.
- record : start recording the session.
- record_config : open the record configuration panel
- record_cut : cut the current recording to a new file (or new track if recording to CD)
- record_vu : show the volume of what's being recorded
- doubleclick : execute different actions depending if the key is pressed twice in a short period of time or not. 'doubleclick ? automix : mix_now'. You can specify the time between two presses ('doubleclick 1000ms'), by default it's 300ms.
- holding : execute different actions depending if the key is pressed for a long time or not: 'holding ? automix : mix_now'. you can specify the time ('holding 1000ms'), by default it's 500ms.
- repeat : repeat the actions every x ms as long as the key is pressed 'repeat 1000ms & browser scroll +1' (default is 500ms if no speed is specified. Second parameter can specify a delay before repeating the first time.)
- repeat_start : Repeat an action at a specified interval: 'repeat_start 'myrepeatname' 1000ms 5 & browser_scroll +1' (first parameter is an identifier name, second parameter is the interval and the third optional parameter can specify a number of times to repeat). The first action will be performed after an interval has passed. (The shortest time parameter possible is 30ms)
- repeat_start_instant : Repeat an action at a specified interval: 'repeat_start_instant 'myrepeatname' 1000ms 5 & browser_scroll +1' (first parameter is an identifier name, second parameter is the interval and the third optional parameter can specify a number of times to repeat). The first action will be performed immediately. (The shortest time parameter possible is 30ms)
- repeat_stop : stop a previous repeat_start or repeat_start_instant action: 'repeat_stop 'myrepeatname''
- get_sample_color : get the color for the specified sample (with auto-dim)
- get_sample_name : get the name of the specified sample (Synonym for get_sample_slot_name)
- get_sampler_bank : get the name of the currently loaded sampler bank
- get_sampler_bank_count : get the number of sample banks
- get_sampler_bank_id : get the number of the currently loaded sampler bank
- get_sampler_count : get the number of slots in the current sampler bank
- get_sampler_slot : get the number of the sampler slot that currently has the focus
- sampler_abort_rec : cancel the recording and delete the sample file
- sampler_bank : Select a new sampler bank. Can be called either by name (sampler_bank "birthday"), by number (sampler_bank 2) or can be assigned to a rotary knob (sampler_bank) or buttons (sampler_bank +1)
- sampler_color : get the color of the sample on this slot if it has one
- sampler_edit : edit the given sample in the SampleEditor
- sampler_group_mute : mute/unmute a sample group. You can specify the group by name, or by group index
- sampler_group_volume : change the volume of all the samples in the give group. You can specify the group by name, or by group index
- sampler_has_group : returns true if the specified group (specified by name or by index) exists in the current samplebank
- sampler_loaded : 'sampler_loaded 1' returns true when there is a sample loaded in slot 1, otherwise returns false
- sampler_loop : use 'sampler_loop -1' or 'sampler_loop +1' to change the length of a playing sample. use 'sampler_loop "current" 1' to set the sample to loop for 1 beat or 'sampler_loop 1 1' to set sample 1 to 1 beat loop. use 'sampler_loop "current" 0.5 "play" while_pressed' to loop the sample as long as long as the button is pressed for 0.5 beats
- sampler_mode : set the global trigger mode for the sampler: "sampler_mode 'on/off'", 'hold', 'stutter' or 'unmute'. set trigger mode for a specific sample: "sampler_mode 1 'on/off'" to set sample 1 mode or "sampler_mode 1 +1" to cycle (Synonym for sampler_rapidfire)
- sampler_mute : mute/unmute this sample
- sampler_options : popup the sample menu.
- sampler_output : Select sampler output channel. 'deck master sampler_output', 'sampler_output "headphones"', 'deck 1 sampler_output', 'sampler_output "popup"'
- sampler_pad : 'sampler_pad 1' triggers the sample in slot 1, based on the play mode for that sample slot
- sampler_play : play the selected sample. syntax 'sampler_play' plays the default sample. . 'sampler_play 4' plays the fourth sample.
- sampler_play_stop : play the selected sample if it's not already playing, or stop it if it's already playing.
- sampler_play_stutter : play the selected sample. if already playing, restart from begining.
- sampler_position : get the current position of the sample
- sampler_rec : On first press, start to record a new sample. On second press, stop to record. Use 'sampler_rec "mic"' to record a sample from microphone, or 'sampler_rec "master"' to record from master output. If the deck is on loop, a loop sample will immediately be created. If the deck is playing, it will record what's playing until the stop. If the deck is paused, it sets the 'entry point', and the second push will set the 'exit point' and use the deck's file between those two points. 'sampler_rec 1' or 'sampler_rec 1 "mic"' will store the sample in the first slot of the "Record" sample bank, so that it can be used immediately after recording
- sampler_select : select which sample is the default sampler slot for that deck. syntax 'sampler select 5' selects the fifth sampler slot. 'sampler select +1' scrolls through the sampler slots. 'sampler select' open a popup menu to select the new default sampler slot. (Synonym for sampler_default)
- sampler_start_rec : start to record (from the deck, or from mic or master if specified) in order to create a new sample file
- sampler_stop : stop the selected sample. syntax 'sampler_stop' stops the default sample. 'sampler_stop 4' stops the fourth sampler slot. 'sampler_stop all' stops all samples.
- sampler_stop_rec : stop the recording and save the result in a sample file
- sampler_used : check if a sample is playing (or if used with 'sampler_used 4' check if exactly 4 samples are playing) (Synonym for get_sampler_used)
- sampler_volume : 'sampler_volume' sets the volume of the sample that has the focus, on the selected deck. 'sampler_volume 1' sets the volume of the sample in slot 1 in the current bank. 'sampler_volume "siren"' sets the volume of the sample 'siren.vdjsample'.
- sampler_volume_master : 'sampler_volume_master' sets the master volume of the sampler
- sampler_volume_nogroup : sets the volume of the sample without changing the volume of other samples in the same group
- can_sandbox : returns true if virtualdj can be sandboxed. sandbox cannot be activated while you have effects or samples active, or video, or if you're scratching, or if you have more than one deck playing with the volume up.
- sandbox : activate/deactivate sandbox mode. in sandbox mode, the master output continues to play what it was playing without being affected by your actions, and you can move both decks to whatever position you want, in order to prelisten your upcomming mix.
- custom_button : a custom button is a button with initially no action, but the action can be written in VDJScript by the user, more than one action can be written on a custom button by using the + button in the button editor, creating a variation. Variations of custom buttons by can be called with VDJScript by including a second number parameter " custom_button 1 2 " calls the second variation of custom button 1
- custom_button_edit : open the custom button editor to set or change the action
- custom_button_name : return (or set) the name for this custom button
- has_custom_button : returns true if this custom button has an action assigned to it
- load_skin : load a new skin. Use syntax " load_skin ':newvariation' " to load a different variation inside the same skin file.
- lock_panel : NOTE: despite the name, this action acts on <split> elements, not <panel> (Synonym for lock_pannel)
- multibutton : Click on the named multibutton: 'multibutton "my_button"'
- multibutton_select : Open the selection menu for the named multibutton. If a second text parameter is provided after the name, use it as the new action to load in the multibutton: 'multibutton_select "my_button" "goto_cue 2 & play"'
- rack : Open/close a unit in specified rack. Example: "rack 'rack1' 'unit1'"
- rack_prioritize : Prioritizes a unit of the specified rack. When more configurations with same size are available, the prioritized unit will get most space. Example: "rack_prioritize 'rack1' 'unit1'"
- rack_solo : Open/close a unit in full size on the specified rack. Closing the unit will re-open the previous configuration. Example: "rack_solo 'rack1' 'unit1'"
- show_splitpanel : show/hide the specified split panel
- skin_empty_buttons :
- skin_panel : show or hide a panel on the skin. "skin_panel 'my_panel' on" (Synonym for skin_pannel)
- skin_panelgroup : change which panel from a skin panel group is shown. syntax "skin_panelgroup 'groupname' 'panelname'" or "skin_panelgroup 'groupname' +1" or "skin_panelgroup 'groupname' 0.75" (Synonym for skin_pannelgroup)
- switch_skin_variation :
- zoom : zoom rhythm visual
- zoom_scratch : zoom scratch wave
- zoom_vertical : zoom vertical scratch wave
- beatlock : When beatlock is activated, the songs are kept synchronized, even when moving the pitch, scratching, etc...
- get_bpm_match : Returns 0.5 when bpm's are synchronized
- is_sync : on when tracks are synchronized (bpm and phase while playing, bpm when not playing)
- match_bpm : set the pitch to match the BPM of the other deck.
- match_gain : set the gain to match the other deck.
- play_onbeat : instantly synchronize the song with the other deck, using local beat information instead of the global beatgrid, but don't change the pitch.
- play_sync : play the song instantly synchronized with the other deck.
- play_sync_onbeat : instantly synchronize the song with the other deck, using local beat information instead of the global beatgrid. (Synonym for sync_nocbg)
- sync : smoothly synchronize the song with the other deck.
- debug : display the value of the parameter (you can use this to see what values controllers are sending, for example)
- get_battery : returns how much battery is left on your laptop
- get_clock : get the current time (use 'get_clock 12' to display AM/PM)
- get_cpu : get the cpu activity
- getfood : because no DJ should work on an empty stomach
- is_battery : returns true if your computer is running on batteries
- is_mac : return true if the computer is a MAC, false if it's a PC (Synonym for is_macos)
- is_pc : return true if the computer is a PC, false if it's a MAC (example: <panel visible="is_pc" />) (Synonym for is_windows)
- open_help : open the user guide
- get_status : get information about background tasks
- get_text : get some text. You can use the inverted apostrophe to query VDJScript results within the text: "get text 'You are listening to `get loaded_song "title"` at `volume` volume.".
VDJScript returning booleans (buttons) will be displayed as "on" or "off".
VDJScript returning values (sliders) will be displayed as a percentage.
(you can also (but it's being deprecated in VDJ7) use % shortcuts for some common queries: "get text 'you are listening to %title by %author'")
- get_hastimecode : returns true if the current soundconfig includes some timecode inputs
- get_timecode_quality :
- invert_timecode : Invert timecode control (for 1 timecode source, switch it through available decks, for 2 timecode sources, from 1 to 3, 2 to 4)
- timecode_active : Select if the deck is controlled by a timecode signal. (note: You can use 'timecode_active x' where x is the turntable number, to assign the same turntable to control several decks at once: 'deck 1 timecode_active 1 on & deck 2 timecode_active 1 on')
- timecode_bypass : Use the timecode turntable as linein input
- timecode_config : Open the timecode config window
- timecode_mode : Set the timecode mode: 'smart', 'absolute', 'relative'.
- timecode_reset_pitch : Reset the "software" pitch to 100%, so that the deck pitch matches the turntable pitch exactly, and needle-drop is truly absolute
- cycle : syntax: 'cycle "my_var" 42'. increment my_var, and goes back to 0 when it reaches 42. 'cycle "my_var" -42' decrements my_var, and goes to 41 after it reached 0.
- get_var : get the numeric value of the specified variable
- set : set 'varname' 5 sets variable varname to the value 5. set 'varname' 'var2' sets variable varname to the value of variable var2. set 'varname' '`play' sets variable varname to the value of the action play
- toggle : syntax: 'toggle "my_var"'. toggle my_var between true and false.
- var : syntax: 'var "my_var" ? my_action1 : my_action2'. execute my_action1 if my_var is true (non zero), execute my_action2 otherwise.
- var_equal : syntax: 'var_equal "my_var" 42 ? my_action1 : my_action2'. execute my_action1 if my_var equals 42, execute my_action2 otherwise.
- var_greater : syntax: 'var_greater "my_var" 42 ? my_action1 : my_action2'. execute my_action1 if my_var is greater than 42, execute my_action2 otherwise.
- var_list : show a window with a list of your current variables and their values
- var_not_equal : syntax: 'var_not_equal "my_var" 42 ? my_action1 : my_action2'. execute my_action1 if my_var doesn't equal 42, execute my_action2 otherwise.
- var_smaller : syntax: 'var_smaller "my_var" 42 ? my_action1 : my_action2'. execute my_action1 if my_var is smaller than 42, execute my_action2 otherwise.
- has_video_mix : return true if video output is using transition and video crossfader with one or more video sources, false if it's playing audio_only and using a source plugin
- is_audioonlyvisualisation : return true if this deck has the audio only visualisation running on it
- is_video : return true if this deck has some video
- leftvideo : assign this deck to the left of the video crossfader: "deck 3 leftvideo" or "leftvideo +1" or "leftvideo 'auto'".
- leftvideo_button : simple button to control the left video source: "deck 3 leftvideo_button".
- over_video : force this deck's video output on the video master (Synonym for overvideo)
- rightvideo : assign this deck to the right of the video crossfader: "deck 3 rightvideo" or "rightvideo +1" or "rightvideo 'auto'".
- rightvideo_button : simple button to control the right video source: "deck 3 rightvideo_button".
- video : open or close the video window
- video_crossfader : set the video crossfader
- video_crossfader_auto : move the video crossfader automatically according to which side is playing, cueing, scratching, etc...
- video_crossfader_link : link or unlink the video crossfader to the audio crossfader
- video_delay : set a delay between video or audio to synchronize output (in milliseconds)
- video_fadetoblack : activate/deactivate fade-to-black on volume sliders
- video_level : fade-to-black independent slider for the left or right video deck
- video_output : Show menu to select on which monitor to open the video output. . You can also specify a specific output: "video_output 1" to open video output on the first monitor. To just show or hide the output use "video_output on" or "video_output off". To toggle output, use "video_output ? video_output off : video_output on"
- video_transition : Launch a transition from one video deck to the other. You can specify the duration of the transition: 'video_transition 1000ms'. You can specify the direction of the transition: 'video_transition "left"' or 'video_transition "left" 1000ms'. You can specify the location to transition to using a percentage (or assign it to a slider): 'video_transition 50%' or 'video_transition 1000ms 50%'
- close : close the application.
- maximize : maximize the application to maximized, full screen, or back to windowed. A specific mode can be selected using "maximize 'windowed'", "maximize 'maximized'" or "maximize 'fullscreen'"
- minimize : minimize the application in the taskbar.
- show_window : on skin with multiple windows, show or hide the specified window